Saturday, March 23, 2013

Made myself a dice bag

I've played a lot of role-playing games and board games in my life and I've gathered quite a lot of dice from them. Yesterday I had this idea that maybe I could make a dice bag for all my dice. I went online and found lots of inspiration from DIY projects.
Today I scavanged my apartment for cloth. I found an old, black, bed sheet that I thought would make a great outside and I found an old flannel shirt with holes on the elbows that I don't know why I haven't thrown away but it served me well for the lining.
I decided to do a "round bottomed" dice bag so I used a saucer to make a round piece since I don't have a compass (I have the kind of compass that points North, but that's not really helpful here). After calculating the circumference I decided on the height of the bag and cut out one rectangle from each cloth. To make it easy to fit a string I just sewed a strip of cloth to the outside and left the ends of it open. For a string I used some red ribbon I had left over.
After putting it all together I ended up with this:


It's much too big for the dice I have in it now, but I might gather more in the future. Also for next time I know to make a smaller one and maybe I can use this one for something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment