Wednesday, August 1, 2012

My first car

I was going to wait with this post until I had had a chance to take a few photos of the car, but I think that won't happen anytime soon.
On July 30 this year I bought a 2001 Ford Focus stationwagon. All was fine until later that evening when my brother found that the "backup light" (or "reversing lamps" or whatever you want to call the white light at the back of the car that turns on when you put the car in reverse) didn't work. So yesterday we tried changing the light bulb. Still didn't work. We tried changing the fuse. Still didn't work. Now we notice that the "central locking system" didn't work as it should either. If I lock/unlock the passenger side door all four doors lock/unlock as they should, but if I lock/unlock the driver side door I only lock/unlock the driver side door. The remote that's built in to the key doesn't work at all, but I knew that when I bought the car.
So after those two "awesome" findings I thought nothing else could go wrong. Well, think again... Today I got the bill for the vehicle tax. A tax that the previous owner should've paid in April... GREAT!
Well, at least I have a car... That I can't drive, since it's illegal to drive without having working lights, and because having to pay this tax I can't afford any petrol.

No comments:

Post a Comment