Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Bird photography at Lake Hornborga

This morning I went on a trip to Lake Hornborga (Hornborgasjön) to see if I could take some photos of the birds that stay there every spring. Unfortunately I didn't see any cranes. They started to arrive a few days ago, but they were probably in a different part of the lake when I was there. If I had gone there in two weeks or so there would've been thousands of them there. I did see lots of Canada geese and Greylag geese and a few Whooper swans though. So how did my photos turn out? Well, to be honest I think my Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L USM lens was way too short and the Canon EOS 550D's autofocus wasn't fast enough for the flying birds.
Below are the best photos of the day. Some are not that good I know, but I wanted to show what I managed to produce the first time I tried bird photography.
Information center Naturum Hornborgasjön

Sign that welcomes you to the "Crane dance"

Geese and Swans out on the field

Canada geese (branta canadensis)

Whooper swans (cygnus cygnus)

Whooper swans (cygnus cygnus)

Canada geese (branta canadensis)

Greylag geese (anser anser)

Whooper swans (cygnus cygnus)

Whooper swan (cygnus cygnus)

Greylag geese (anser anser)

No comments:

Post a Comment