Friday, March 2, 2012

Canon 5D Mark III

Today Canon presented their new fullframe digital SLR: Canon 5D Mark III. Not that I will ever get one, I'm happy with my crop sensor EOS 550D (Rebel T2i), but everything I've read about this new camera on forums is scary. Even before anyone has gotten a chance to test it or even seen sample photos taken with it they jump on the bandwagon and cry about it being "worse than Nikon D800 because the way I read the specs tells me the D800 has more megapixels and that's all that matters".
Some people have even said "that's it, now I'm going to sell all my Canon equipment and buy the D800 instead". Why would someone do that? Because the D800 has 14 megapixels more? That's ridiculous. Who, besides the professional "billboard photographers", has the need for 36 megapixels? And who needs it so badly that they are willing to sell all their old equipment just to buy a camera that has instead of buying a very good camera that has 22 megapixels? Morons, that's who. Or more likely forum trolls that will never get rid of their equipment. They just want to complain because it wasn't the best camera in the world ever for an extremely cheap price... Preferably less than the cheapest compact cameras.
My advice to anyone out there interested in the Canon 5D Mark III: Wait until you've had a chance to read reviews and been able to go to a store to look at it and feel what it's like to have it in your hands. Then make up your mind. If it's not right for you, then have a look at another camera. If you already have Canon equipment, maybe you have a camera that's still good and wait for the next release.

No comments:

Post a Comment