Monday, April 2, 2012

The Hunger Games Trilogy

There has been a lot of talk about Suzanne Collins' The Hunger Games lately (mostly because of the movie that I haven't seen yet). As a result I decided to check if the books are as good as everyone says. I know I shouldn't trust the masses on what's good and not *cough* Twilight *cough*, but this book series seemed very interesting.
I started reading the first book (The Hunger Games) on Friday evening. Saturday afternoon I started reading the second book (Catching Fire) and yesterday afternoon I started reading the last book (Mockingjay). I can safely say that I haven't been that caught up in a book series for a long time. I just couldn't put the books down until I had finished them.
In my opinion the first book is the best and the last book is the least good. Still the last book is good enough to keep me wanting to go on until the end.
It really catches you and makes you feel like you're actually inside the head of the main character (Katniss). It also has a lot of similarities with present day society. A few rich people live in excess and the majority of the people (i.e. poor/middle class) has to fight every day to stay alive.
I will definitely recommend this series to anyone!
As I mentioned I haven't seen the movie yet. If it's half as good as the book, then it's probably worth every penny.

No comments:

Post a Comment