Friday, February 10, 2012

Five things I would do if I won the Lotto jackpot

The Lotto jackpot here in Sweden is up to 110 million SEK (at the moment that's approximately 10.4 million British pounds, 12.5 million Euro or 16.5 million US dollar) this weekend. So here's a list of things I would do if I won.

1. Get a new apartment.
Because who would not want to live on their own in a brand new apartment?

2. Give some money to charity.
There are many charities that come to mind, but I guess I would be very picky about it to make sure the money actually goes to the cause and not just to the administration. Or even worse given to the rich in the poor country and hope they would not keep it for themselves. If a company is trying to find a cure for tinnitus and other hearing disorders, then I will donate some to them as well.

3. Travel the world to visit friends and see places I've always wanted to see. Also to see more of some places I've already been.
Countries included in that list are among others: Australia, Austria, Brazil, Canada, England, Iceland, Ireland, Netherlands, New Zealand, Scotland.

4. Buy new "toys".
Let's face it. I am going to spend a bit on new lenses for my camera, maybe a newer camera, new computer(s) and possibly a new video game console. Possibly other "toys" as well.

5. Never ever work another day in my whole life.
If I say spend 25 million SEK on the first 4 things and I live for another 50 years I will be able to spend over 1.5 million SEK/year without even considering interest. That's about 5 times more than a normal person makes annually here and I wouldn't have to pay income tax on my money. So why even bother working?

Bonus entry:

6. I might even get a driver's licence.
Nah, probably not.

No comments:

Post a Comment