Friday, February 17, 2012

Having the flu!

Ok, so I might not have the flu, but the evidence tells me I probably do. I've got headache, a cold, muscle aches and higher than normal body temperature. Why I say "higher than normal body temperature" and not fever is because most people don't see 37ºC (98.6ºF) as fever. My regular body temperature is lower than the average person, but not lower than what's healthy. When I was born my body temperature was 35,8ºC (96.44ºF). They wrapped me up in heating blankets to get my temperature up to "normal" but that didn't help. Nowadays my normal temperature is somewhere around 35,8ºC and 36,2ºC (97.16ºF). It's always funny to see nurses take my temperature when I'm at a hospital feeling ill. They always say that I can't be ill because it's only 36,8ºC (98.24ºF) or so. Then when they finally do tests they notice that oh I really am ill. That happens every time I have tonsilitis for example.
Now, where was I. Oh right, I probably have the flu. So no real blog post today.

No comments:

Post a Comment