Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Poem I wrote a few years ago

Darkness, what beauty can lie hidden in your depths?
For all the nasty things you hold, is there anything else?
Every time I see the tears that you have wept,
I feel my heart ache when I stare into your face.

Long have I known you, tried to figure you out.
You're hiding something from me, I can sense it's near.
What was that? Somewhere deeps inside I can hear a shout!
It's a horrible scream, I'm stricken with fear!

Silence, ear shattering silence grows around my being.
I sense movement, but sound cannot penetrate.
Slowly, very shallow a silhouette I begin seeing.
Coming closer I feel ambivalence, love as well as hate.

A stretched out hand lightly touches my chest.
Beauty in my eyes, a fair lady I see through the dark.
Her lips at my neck, and squeezed against me, her breast.
I feel my life escape, the last thing I hear, is her dog's bark.

No comments:

Post a Comment